World Zone Elite

Zone FTW
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

What do you want for the satellite Event?
Solos 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Doubles 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Swede Format 65%  65%  [ 11 ]
Domination 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: Battle for the Fort II Satellite Event?????????
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:48 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Just putting this poll on here since the other poll was having troubles. There will be no BASE FLAGS. :los_thefinger: Domination will be run on Sevs Domination Format. I don't really want to doubles since it was in the last tourney. Triples is at philly, so It will stay an option in Philly. Any questions just ask.

Post subject: Re: Battle for the Fort II Satellite Event?????????
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:38 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

We always also play solos, let's do swede format for once, just my opinion tho.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:54 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Since some may not be familiar with the specifics on these formats I feel it's important to list some details here on the ones that may be unknown.

Swede Format / Base Game

This is a game we first saw posted in some videos from Sweden which is why we refer to it as the Swede format. The game focuses on a single base (in our arena red base works best) which can be destroyed unlimited times and resets quickly after being destroyed. The game is played with standard pack settings, unlimited ammo/lives, normal comp scoring and base evac rules. We typically play with base retaliation on as well to force players to exit the base so they can't perma-camp inside. Players are restricted to staying within a certain area around the base (will be marked and explained before the event starts) to keep sniping to a minimum. The whole point of this game is base brawling. Game duration will probably be 6-8 minutes depending on our time frame.

Domination / Conquest

There are two versions of this game which is why I feel the need to explain it here as they are completely different games. This is NOT Zone Domination so if you have played that game on Infusion, forget everything about it. I'm rapidly feeling I need to rename my game to "Conquest" as that is why most modern FPS games call it.

The game is played with standard pack settings, with limited ammo and lives. All bases are control points that can be captured. The objective of the game is to hold as many bases as you can, for as long as you can. Points are awarded not for capturing the base, but for holding it over time. Any player walks into a base, tags it once it will change to that player's color. If that player still has control over the base after 5 seconds, they are awarded 50 points. 3 seconds later 100 points, then every 3 seconds after 200 points. At any point if a player from a different team enters the base and tags it once, it changes to their color and the timer starts over for them. If a given team controls two bases, all point values from bases are doubled, if they control 3, all point values from bases are quadrupled. Though pack deac/stun times are normal, pack tags are worth 50 points for any sensor. The focus in this game is on maintaining control over bases. Generally the team that manages to control 2 bases the longest wins. We also can optionally play this game with our upstairs sentinel as an additional control point that is much harder to maintain. This would depend on weather the game was voted downstairs only or not.

I'm also kinda surprised base flags isn't on this voting list.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:08 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Sevron wrote:
Since some may not be familiar with the specifics on these formats I feel it's important to list some details here on the ones that may be unknown.

Swede Format / Base Game

This is a game we first saw posted in some videos from Sweden which is why we refer to it as the Swede format. The game focuses on a single base (in our arena red base works best) which can be destroyed unlimited times and resets quickly after being destroyed. The game is played with standard pack settings, unlimited ammo/lives, normal comp scoring and base evac rules. We typically play with base retaliation on as well to force players to exit the base so they can't perma-camp inside. Players are restricted to staying within a certain area around the base (will be marked and explained before the event starts) to keep sniping to a minimum. The whole point of this game is base brawling. Game duration will probably be 6-8 minutes depending on our time frame.

Domination / Conquest

There are two versions of this game which is why I feel the need to explain it here as they are completely different games. This is NOT Zone Domination so if you have played that game on Infusion, forget everything about it. I'm rapidly feeling I need to rename my game to "Conquest" as that is why most modern FPS games call it.

The game is played with standard pack settings, with limited ammo and lives. All bases are control points that can be captured. The objective of the game is to hold as many bases as you can, for as long as you can. Points are awarded not for capturing the base, but for holding it over time. Any player walks into a base, tags it once it will change to that player's color. If that player still has control over the base after 5 seconds, they are awarded 50 points. 3 seconds later 100 points, then every 3 seconds after 200 points. At any point if a player from a different team enters the base and tags it once, it changes to their color and the timer starts over for them. If a given team controls two bases, all point values from bases are doubled, if they control 3, all point values from bases are quadrupled. Though pack deac/stun times are normal, pack tags are worth 50 points for any sensor. The focus in this game is on maintaining control over bases. Generally the team that manages to control 2 bases the longest wins. We also can optionally play this game with our upstairs sentinel as an additional control point that is much harder to maintain. This would depend on weather the game was voted downstairs only or not.

I'm also kinda surprised base flags isn't on this voting list.

Couple of questions.

How long are the games
how many teams play per game
what is the value of the bases? Is it comp scoring? Denials in use?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:36 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Quote:
How long are the games
how many teams play per game
what is the value of the bases? Is it comp scoring? Denials in use?

The Swede games will probably be 6 minutes long, two teams of 3 players. Scoring is standard comp, 4500 per base, -500 per shot into base. Denials are on, +200 per shot denied player has into the base. Base retaliation will most likely be on, I'll have to look into the value for that. Actually I'm up for suggestion on that, should it take points away, or just deactivate the players? If it does take points, how many? The main point is to force teams to re-break into the base after getting it.

Domination would have to be a bit longer, 8 to 10 minutes depending on how much time we have. 3 teams of 5, scoring is as above. No denials since it only takes one shot to switch the base.