World Zone Elite

Zone FTW
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Michigan zone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:43 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Hi all, I'm looking for some information on the nexus system. The closest to me is in Holland, Mi. I used to play quite a bit on older zone equipment at the local zap zone in Grand Rapids, until they closed down. I ventured out Fort Wayne and even a tournament in Trenton. After that, I played competitive Laser Quest for about 6 years.

Anyways, does anyone know about the lost city holland site? I'd like to play with an active member base again, not just a bunch of walk-ins.

Thanks,
Andy

"Bad Andy"

Post subject: Re: Michigan zone
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:15 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Lots of looks, no comments. What system is the most popular for tournaments? Is nexus a suitable system to play competitively? I haven't played on any zone equipment in about 8 years... I'd like to change that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:26 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Badandy2001 wrote:
Lots of looks, no comments. What system is the most popular for tournaments? Is nexus a suitable system to play competitively? I haven't played on any zone equipment in about 8 years... I'd like to change that.

Hey Andy. I'm from Michigan and we play Laserblast. Yes, I know it's not the greatest but we do have a competitive scene. It's very different from what you may have played at Newer Zap Zones. Ask the Ft. Wayme guys about it. Zone in Michigan isn't a real thing. However, I've played with a Michigan team in this year's Battle For The Fort and will possibly be bringing 3 teams for the upcoming event all from Michigan. All from different regions of Michigan. We don't play Zone but are making a move to learning how to play Zone better. With the addition of personal packs, we'll be able to practice without a center. Which city are you currently in?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:34 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Thanks for the reply. I live in Grand Rapids, I have played a little bit of laser blast at Farmington, Canton and when the Grand Rapids zap zone changed from zone to LB. We also played at the Ann Arbor zap zone when they have zone equipment until they went to LB. Never cared much for LB, but I haven't played it that much either. When LB was one of the last options available in Michigan to play, we made several trips to Fort Wayne and Indy for zone. Where are you from?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:08 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Nexus is pretty much what a lot of zone tournaments are being played on. Sevfusion is also very good too. Those are the 2 most popular for competitive zone right now.