World Zone Elite

Zone FTW
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Zone Scene faltering?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:25 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Jason wrote:
While invites is a great tournament, the serious draw back is the system it's played on. A large amount of people aren't huge infusion fans, and with the news that Philly will be getting Helios (and with how god awful helios looks like it will play) there's even less incentive to go. A lot of the older crowd is getting to the point where we are done, and it's up to newer players to step up and fill those roles of team and tournament organizers.

Invites will be run next year either way as far as I know. turn out and, whose running it is up for debate as certain people have dissapeared from Philly. Helios also is up in the air because no one seems to be able to get a straight answer from the manager here. I understand after a few years of playing that people don't enjoy infusion as much as nexus, believe me it's my own site and I prefer nexus however, we still have a great turnout with little to no problems during the tournament. A lot of that can be attributed to Pete but we have people that have stepped up to help out before and were hoping to still get a good turn out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:28 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Nocturne wrote:
Jason wrote:
While invites is a great tournament, the serious draw back is the system it's played on. A large amount of people aren't huge infusion fans, and with the news that Philly will be getting Helios (and with how god awful helios looks like it will play) there's even less incentive to go. A lot of the older crowd is getting to the point where we are done, and it's up to newer players to step up and fill those roles of team and tournament organizers.

Invites will be run next year either way as far as I know. turn out and, whose running it is up for debate as certain people have dissapeared from Philly. Helios also is up in the air because no one seems to be able to get a straight answer from the manager here. I understand after a few years of playing that people don't enjoy infusion as much as nexus, believe me it's my own site and I prefer nexus however, we still have a great turnout with little to no problems during the tournament. A lot of that can be attributed to Pete but we have people that have stepped up to help out before and were hoping to still get a good turn out.

Philly is unique because it's one of the few original sites open, since your arena is so big infusion is playable.. Only site I would give it a pass at. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:35 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Also last I heard, though it was a bit ago, the ft.wayne guys were considering running another tournament at some point, that may have changed though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:45 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

A fort Wayne tourney will happen again. I'm just waiting to see if anyone is going to book near March or April. No more winter tourneys. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:34 am 
 E-mail  Profile

. wrote:
A fort Wayne tourney will happen again. I'm just waiting to see if anyone is going to book near March or April. No more winter tourneys. :)

No argument here. I'd like to avoid driving through a snow storm again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:33 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

This is all good to hear, seeing people are still interested in running tournaments and stuff, even the older players too! As what rampage said "change" it's true that people in general don't like changes especially when a site changes their equipment to a more updated version (which may be horrible like system Z to T). But, I just hope the scene stays alive.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:53 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Would Hawaii come to Fort Wayne next year? :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:50 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Bishamonten wrote:
Would Hawaii come to Fort Wayne next year? :D

We'd like to ... it's a possibility. .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:02 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Yeah it depends if we can get enough cash by then lol. But yeah as what obi said we would love to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:15 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Is Philli getting Helios?