World Zone Elite

Zone FTW
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zone Scene faltering?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:57 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

So I heard from a few people before and after Worlds, that Zone competitive presence will be lessened. Do you guys think this is true? I have no idea what happened, but I hear that Philly most likely won't happen again and a lot of players are quitting in and outside of Philly nationwide. This means an obvious lack of complete teams.

With Philly invites holding a rep for one of the best tournaments of a year, it's kinda disappointing to hear for a group of new players who want to start competing.

Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Zone Scene faltering?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:58 pm 

While invites is a great tournament, the serious draw back is the system it's played on. A large amount of people aren't huge infusion fans, and with the news that Philly will be getting Helios (and with how god awful helios looks like it will play) there's even less incentive to go. A lot of the older crowd is getting to the point where we are done, and it's up to newer players to step up and fill those roles of team and tournament organizers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:29 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Jason wrote:
While invites is a great tournament, the serious draw back is the system it's played on. A large amount of people aren't huge infusion fans, and with the news that Philly will be getting Helios (and with how god awful helios looks like it will play) there's even less incentive to go. A lot of the older crowd is getting to the point where we are done, and it's up to newer players to step up and fill those roles of team and tournament organizers.

I see, I didn't know that was the case for Philly. I am from Michigan, and we're finally getting a more serious Nexus with Helios (NON-Pro) equipment.

Would you say that the locations you've been to are good with newer people dedicating time to continue the tradition?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:16 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

There's other really great places near philly like bailey's crossroads in virginia where I heard a while back was a pretty good place to hold tourneys, all hearsay on my part and I've never played there. I'm sure there will still be a lot of tourneys it's just setting up, getting deals, and running the tournament would be the tough part. West Coast still has some good sites running like SO, and Vegas isn't too bad either.

Things have changed so much throughout the years and the hardest part is the change.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 am 
 E-mail  Profile

No, there will probably not be a lot of tournaments.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:52 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

1. Equipment up to par for member competitions. Older gen equipment being prefered because it's what players get used to and want to play in during competitions. ZONE WORLDS tournaments are most probable to be played in the Latests Zone Equipment. Retro tournaments are probable and desirable, however retro equipment quality should not be in question.

2. Competition level playable arenas. There are areas that are not necessarily conducive to competition level gameplay or are undesirable due to size, design, layout, etc... Competition gameplay isn't desired in subpar arenas.

3. Lack of members for competition. The member based competition scene will continue to grow steadily. New zone sites are opening worldwide.

What is a Former Zone Worlds Champion up to?
https://twitter.com/RezaAliRa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:48 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

IRezaAli wrote:
Equipment up to par for member competitions. Older gen equipment being prefered because it's what players get used to and want to play in during competitions. ZONE WORLDS tournaments are most probable to be played in the Latests Zone Equipment. Retro tournaments are probable and desirable, however retro equipment quality should not be in question.

2. Competition level playable arenas. There are areas that are not necessarily conducive to competition level gameplay or are undesirable due to size, design, layout, etc... Competition gameplay isn't desired in subpar arenas.

3. Lack of members for competition. The member based competition scene will continue to grow steadily. New zone sites are opening worldwide.

What requirements should an arena meet if it were to be used for competitive play?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:18 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Bishamonten wrote:
IRezaAli wrote:
Equipment up to par for member competitions. Older gen equipment being prefered because it's what players get used to and want to play in during competitions. ZONE WORLDS tournaments are most probable to be played in the Latests Zone Equipment. Retro tournaments are probable and desirable, however retro equipment quality should not be in question.

What requirements should an arena meet if it were to be used for competitive play?

3 bases and bases bigger then a closest. Arena bigger then 2,500 sq ft. No infusion. Should get you through.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:19 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

If GP wants to fly to LA, I would run Nats in LA for everyone. Might do a quads in the next year thats about it from me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:29 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I would!