World Zone Elite

Zone FTW
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battle for the Fort II Hotels and Travel
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:42 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

LODGING____________________________________________________________________

Well as everyone knows Fort Wayne Home of the Dealerships, Strip Clubs, and Fast Food. Hotels are everywhere in Fort Wayne, but finding the right one to fit your needs is a little difficult. If your looking for a classy hotel that will be in SW part of fort wayne 17mins or N part of fort wayne 13mins. Anything on highway 24 or Jefferson Blvd is a classy hotel, anything on Dupont road is a classy hotel. The closest classy hotel you will find is The Holiday Inn On Coliseum Blvd. But looks like that hotel is sold out for that weekend.

Hotel Fort Wayne - $100/night
305 East Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46825 (Formerly Fort Wayne Marriott)
*About 5 mins from the Zone*

Don Hall's Guesthouse - $75/night
1313 West Washington Center Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
*closer to zone/ about 3 min*

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne - $75/night
4919 Lima Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808 (Formerly Stay Inn Suites)
*3 min to zone/ These are suites, two stories, bed on bottom floor and upper floor. I give this hotel my decision if I was traveling to fort wayne. Madison has stayed here before and they agreed with the service.

Fairfield Inn and Suites Fort Wayne - $125/night
6021 Lima Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46818
*3 min to zone/ Expensive hotel and is graded at a 2.5

Red Roof Inn Fort Wayne - $65
2920 Goshen Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46808-1322
*2 min to zone/ THE AVERAGE HOTEL. We've all stayed at red roof we know what we are expecting.

READ THIS TO HELP WITH ANYTHING LOWER, TRIPADVISOR ALWAYS HELPS
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g3711 ... otels.html
OR
Just ask, I'm sure Fort Wayne members will chime in here shortly.

TRAVEL________________________________________________

DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE. But that's just me.

Philly to Fort Wayne Roundtrip Driving. 1300miles/ $3.20 / AVG 3 STOPS/ $154.50 ROUNDTRIP / how many people in the car 4 / $40 p/person

I use http://www.gasbuddy.com/Trip_Calculator.aspx all the time for traveling roundtrip. Give you prices/ and cheapest places to stop.

________FLYING on the other hand is different story.

***Anywhere to FWA(fort wayne) is going to cost $300 - $400 ROUNDTRIP.

***Going to Chicago is going to be the same thing $200- $300 ROUNDTRIP
If you do fly into Chicago/ there is a subway at the bottom of OHARE. That takes you to downtown Chicago, get out on Clinton St. Walk North on Clinton for two blocks. Enter Chicago Amtrak Station, and walk downstairs to Waiting Room C. Ride Amtrak for $30 one way to Waterloo, IN. Were I can pick you. Amtrak is a 2hr 30min ride, and you are 30mins from fort wayne when you arrive in Waterloo. Roughly the same price to fly into Fort Wayne after your done. UNLESS you don't have certain days and times to fly into Fort Wayne. Prices DROP a lot mid week. But who wants to stay here longer than they have to.

Fly Roundtrip into Indianapolis/Dayton,OH/Detroit,MI
Your looking at 200$ roundtrip plus the rental car for three days plus gas. Still Cheaper to fly into Fort Wayne.

www.spirit.com or www.kayak.com Spirit gives you those really nice deals during the week.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I think that pretty much covers the travel and lodging. If you need anything, questions, DOT taxi, just ask, I'm sure someone from Fort Wayne can help