World Zone Elite

Zone FTW
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks for a great finale- Invites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:44 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

A big thanks to the man who put it all together. Pete! Very few of you know what this guy goes through both mentally and financially to make sure that you have a great tourney. Thanks Pete for putting up with it all year after year. And thanks for letting me go out with a good last hurrah.

I won't try and sum up 18 years of zone in one post but here goes.

I had a great run playing with some amazing players. Starting out as a second string Richmond player, what a blast to play on teams with some of the greats of the game. Bernie< the original Skywalker>, Shade, Cyber, Mr. Freeze, Ace<San Diego>, and others too long to name made my zone time in Cali huge, taking my first trophy with the Team Extreme at the last VA Beach tourney. <Loved that crows nest!> I still remember walking into Sherman Oaks and wiping the floor with two young players who were brand new to the game, one of em was named Snoopy, ever heard of him?

As much as I hate to admit it, it was pretty sweet to play with Big Pun a couple of times. You may not agree with me but I see John as one of the greats, if not the greatest zone player in the US. Now don't go starting some hate thread about how wrong I am.

Pete brought me back into this crazy world, I am happy to end it with him. I have loved seeing how great of a player he has become, one of the greats in the modern zone era. Slick continues to be a beast, one of the last of the old guard that is still taking the plastic. The best competition in the last 10 years for me was the new Baltimore. Crescent, Psycho, and Ecko- the triple threat. You guys are monsters in the arena. Exit, Cabal, Trigga, OO-Cool, Cheese, Ros, Zero, Dot, Ace, Lil D, .... the list could go on and on... thanks for a great game every single time, whether we were taking a base together or facing off against.

I hope that I gave you guys a fun target. After 18 years of laughing at so many of you, it feels great to end it while I still have my voice. I will probably still show up at Invites to run Scrub Belt, and maybe I'll let some scrub team talk me into playing just so I can shoot somebody, who knows.

Thanks again to the boys of Philly for letting this tired old mime hang with you fellas. Looking at your current roster, you guys have a great all Philly team. I'm the last of the ringers. I expect you guys to take first again next year without me and 1up RSD's tie with you for firsts.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible next year at Invites, God willing.

Maniac Mime
1995-2013
RIP