World Zone Elite


Zone FTW
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Forum rules


This section of the forum is for only the sponsored Zone Elite events and news updates. Any other contect not related should be posted in the public forums.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 E-mail  Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 am
Posts: 376
Wow.

Possibly the most intense Elim games I've ever seen.

Here's the posted results. Congrats to everyone - really great!
Attachment:
Worlds 2011 Elim Grid - ASCENSIONS - FINALS.jpg
Worlds 2011 Elim Grid - ASCENSIONS - FINALS.jpg [ 128.95 KiB | Viewed 6771 times ]


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:29 pm 
Offline
 E-mail  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:59 pm
Posts: 255
BigMark wrote:
Wow.

Possibly the most intense Elim games I've ever seen.

Here's the posted results. Congrats to everyone - really great!
Attachment:
Worlds 2011 Elim Grid - ASCENSIONS - FINALS.jpg


I'm confused at the 3rd game of finals -- did coast 2 coast survive wiht all 5 people and have the highest score? Because that's what it looks like according to that grid unless I read it wrong. If that's the case they should have gotten a 1 not a 3 in that last game, and then theyd have 7 instead of 9... not that it makes any differnece I just wanna make sure im reading it correctly.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:05 pm 
Offline
 E-mail  Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 25
LiLDuDe wrote:
BigMark wrote:
Wow.

Possibly the most intense Elim games I've ever seen.

Here's the posted results. Congrats to everyone - really great!
Attachment:
Worlds 2011 Elim Grid - ASCENSIONS - FINALS.jpg


I'm confused at the 3rd game of finals -- did coast 2 coast survive wiht all 5 people and have the highest score? Because that's what it looks like according to that grid unless I read it wrong. If that's the case they should have gotten a 1 not a 3 in that last game, and then theyd have 7 instead of 9... not that it makes any differnece I just wanna make sure im reading it correctly.


That's what it shows to me. If that is a true mistake that would put us in first that game and drop us to 7 points. We still lose by 1 rank point and 800 total points in a tie breaker but it's a bit closer than stated above. We gave away our only winning spot after the first game and still managed to pull out a game win in finals, is what it is but we definitely played as if we could win finals games......

_________________
Is a huge fan of these signatures...
Wishes Shade was with us at worlds because we would have won all bye's and first places...
Is a proud member of the only team to make 100% of worlds finals it participated in...
Is the most winningest American player by making all three finals and claiming 2 trophies...
Wonders where his medals are, guess someone kept them as coasters...
Has a love / hate relationship with ascensions...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:43 pm 
Offline
 E-mail  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 175
^^^ Unfortunately that is a downside of using excel to keep track of scores - it leads to transcription errors. Torn on the other hand (an application that EVERY site in Australia uses, and is used for the National Tournament) doesnt have these issues.

EDIT: It also has the added bonus of producing pretty tables and whatnot... eg http://dougburbidge.com/OzNationals/2011_team.html

_________________
Played at a Nationals? Check out your profile by going to http://auszone.net/db/players.php and searching for yourself. Let me know if there are any mistakes :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:17 pm 
Offline
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 am
Posts: 429
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA USA
yeah, why aren't they using torn? and why isn't doug at worlds?

_________________
Dark Army - Stupidboyz - Bling Bling - Real Stockholm - Get Off The D
zonegods.com


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:18 pm 
Offline
 E-mail  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 175
sHaDeZoRz wrote:
yeah, why aren't they using torn? and why isn't doug at worlds?


He was at last worlds, wanted to use torn, and was told no, they prefered to use excel spreadsheets as they were more accurate.

_________________
Played at a Nationals? Check out your profile by going to http://auszone.net/db/players.php and searching for yourself. Let me know if there are any mistakes :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:01 pm 
Offline
 E-mail  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:25 am
Posts: 1298
axis wrote:
sHaDeZoRz wrote:
yeah, why aren't they using torn? and why isn't doug at worlds?


He was at last worlds, wanted to use torn, and was told no, they prefered to use excel spreadsheets as they were more accurate.



Torn is flawed doesn't work right... We are using both. If it worked right we would use it more.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:05 pm 
Offline
 E-mail  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 175
^^^

Im sorry what? How is it flawed?

_________________
Played at a Nationals? Check out your profile by going to http://auszone.net/db/players.php and searching for yourself. Let me know if there are any mistakes :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 pm 
Offline
 E-mail  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:25 am
Posts: 1298
axis wrote:
^^^

Im sorry what? How is it flawed?


Is wrong a lot. Just know it doesn't work right so they are tracking both. Surprised you didnt know it didn't work right.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Worlds 2011 Eliminator Final Results
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:09 pm 
Offline
 E-mail  Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Western Australia
I've found a bug in java


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits     
Updated By Kieron Thwaites (Ron2K)