World Zone Elite

Zone FTW
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section of the forum is for only the sponsored Zone Elite events and news updates. Any other contect not related should be posted in the public forums.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Registration page
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:53 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

jawaknight wrote:
so three countries only :problem: :wtf:

wait until you try to hold it in australia. :smt011:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:09 am 

sHaDeZoRz wrote:
who exactly is on the committee for worlds and what are their opinions on letting a finnish citizen play on a finnish team? is john mason the representative for the united states? how did that happen? are you u.s. guys interested at all in voting to see who will represent you on the worlds committee or are you content to carry on the charade that there actually is one?

don't forget the teams from turkey, estonia and rio de janeiro i'm sure they just haven't signed up yet along with manilla.

Currently the US reps on the committe are John, Pete, and Mark Young. I believe they were the reps for the US last worlds and nobody saw any reason for any changes or additions to the council. Personally I don't really care, the slaughterhouse and C2C family shows up and shoots packs regardless of any changes that are made :eatyou:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:31 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I'm PRO getting another team or two to Worlds... I'm not supportive of adding a otherwise non-eligible player to an existing team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:50 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Do you want more teams just for the sake of more teams?

Sometimes it can be beneficial for scheduling reasons but for the sake of the tournament as a whole I do not see any real benefit in a bunch of makeshift teams showing up other than to boost statistics and figures of people attending.

As it stands now every team has a purpose and represents something. Worlds should mean something to the players attending other than "I want to play laser tag". I love representing my team and I am proud to have been a part of Nightbreed, Philadelphia and RSD in the US Nationals but I can not say I am proud of all those other teams I have represented that were makeshift teams in my earlier US zone days.

Not because they were not "good" teams but they did not mean anything to the people playing on them. Hell I am even more proud of having played on "Red Army" (Canada, some nationals in alhambra) than the "mixednutz" that got second in Clash some year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:14 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I'm staggered we're almost a month out from Worlds and we having these types of discussions re: teams may or may not be turning up.

If Finland cannot field 3 full teams on their own - I'm supportive of you joining their weakest team.

If this is not the case, then I'm supportive of you making a Swedish Barbarians team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:20 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Gumby wrote:
I'm staggered we're almost a month out from Worlds and we having these types of discussions re: teams may or may not be turning up.

If Finland cannot field 3 full teams on their own - I'm supportive of you joining their weakest team.

If this is not the case, then I'm supportive of you making a Swedish Barbarians team.

The problem with "joining the weakest team" is that they are made up out of players who want to play together, not Finland 1-3. They have used a process similar to the US teams with free team building.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Just to be clear... If these are the teams:

4. Almost 7
XTL
Plaag
Sparre
Lunatic
Quutamo

9. Suomi Finland Perkele

Ero-Sennin
Juhgis
Suba
Striker
Nihil
Wolverine

10. Finland - GP

niq
Milky
Astma
Meizi
Darkomen

THEY HAVE 17 PLAYERS LISTED HERE! Are 3 of them not turning up?

If GP don't have a full team, surely they have to put someone down from the other 2 teams to cover?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:37 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Striker is not going, that is very old info.

I do not know of what other players are not going.

I also do not think it is necessarily fair to them to have to "share" players since they are made as separate entities that have practiced together. I do not think anybody would want to force a US team to give a player to Legends etc in a similar scenario.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:59 am 
 E-mail  Profile

WHITEFOLKS wrote:
Striker is not going, that is very old info.

I do not know of what other players are not going.

I also do not think it is necessarily fair to them to have to "share" players since they are made as separate entities that have practiced together. I do not think anybody would want to force a US team to give a player to Legends etc in a similar scenario.

We (Australians) have.

We originally had a spot for Lepper on our team, but we gave him up to enable other teams to exist.

It's easier for the US teams as they don't have to travel as far.

Furthermore, we probably could've had 4 teams attending if we bowed to everyone's requests of who they wanted to play with and who's team they thought they deserved to be on etc - but instead we took a National level view (instead of a friendship view) and are sending teams in order of strength.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:10 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Yes I understand that is the Australian way of doing things and more or less how it is done in Sweden too.

That is partially why Sweden went from 10 to 6 to 5 to 4 to 1 player.

About you having 4 teams are you sure all those requirements would have added up and been compatible? They usually clash and overlapse :D

The problem is that with US and Finnish teams they are not made in that way and short of Legends who are defending world champions and arguably only got stronger after picking up a player like Snoopy making them on paper the best team I would not rank the remaining teams. All the remaining US players are very strong players and team play and execution would make more of a difference than the personnel.

For Finnish teams I know that Xylitols team have practiced a lot together and GP has played together a lot previously. Xylitols team is sort of a "project for Worlds" whereas GP is more like a team that has been together for a long time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next