World Zone Elite

Zone FTW
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section of the forum is for only the sponsored Zone Elite events and news updates. Any other contect not related should be posted in the public forums.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Registration page
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:56 am 
 E-mail  Profile

What a great turnout :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:24 am 
 E-mail  Profile

so three countries only :problem: :wtf:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:34 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I'm really sorry that sweden didn't go this year, we had 10 signed up at the beginning and to think that more than half of that couldn't go in the end is just.. frustrating.

I think that 3(2?) teams from finland and 3 teams from australia is a really good turnout, hopefully sweden will get some more active members throughout the next 2 years and that we can send atleast one team for the next worlds. Aiming for 2+!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:58 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I'm happy to support a hybrid team if you can get more than half the players being Swedish. So 3 of you...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:42 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Being Swedish requires what in this case? We have sort of given up on trying to find the essence of the Swedish people to define the pure Swedes worthy of being called Swedish.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:10 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Gumby wrote:
I'm happy to support a hybrid team if you can get more than half the players being Swedish. So 3 of you...

I would support something like that as well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:17 am 
 E-mail  Profile

We have one player who is from Sweden (me) and then one more Swedish person who is going (Mortlin).

Or rather who are willing to go. Mortlin will be going either way and I will try to find a good reason to go.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:01 am 
 E-mail  Profile

artfuldodger wrote:
I'm really sorry that sweden didn't go this year, we had 10 signed up at the beginning and to think that more than half of that couldn't go in the end is just.. frustrating.

We feel your pain - Australia had around 30 people signed up originally (plus there was a separate New Zealand team). We now have 15 people, of which two were last minute add-ins (not from the original group), and one is the remaining New Zealand player. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:21 am 
 E-mail  Profile

So it is about the same ratio really.

For us there was just less margin. If you have 30 players you can most likely get at least 5 players that are ok with their teammates (we all know how first teams work).

We had a five of players where everybody were comfortable with their teammates. Then more or less in the span of two days one player drops off for economical reasons and another one gets to hear that the site he works at is getting nexus delivered around the time of worlds.

So one is off, one is doubtful and the player (Mortlin) filling the spot of the one who dropped off is at the level where people are not comfortable with the teams potential anymore so it all falls apart.

I will not force or convince people to spend this much money on a tournament for MY sake. For the same money they can probably attend all tournaments in Sweden and Finland for a year.

I was and am willing to go with any Swedish team that is going but I do not see the point in going with a "mix team".

I also happen to be of Finnish origin and have Finnish citizenship. I have 4 (I think) Finnish National titles and at least 2 second place finishes. I have played in I dont know how many Finnish tournaments and have played with Finnish players in both Sweden and Finland. I have stayed at their places and they have stayed at my place and in a lot of ways I am more Finnish than Swedish.

My parents are from Finland and I spent a lot of my childhood summers and winters there. I belong to the Finnish congregation in Sweden and I am actually the only one in my family who has Finnish citizenship because I applied for it through connections, My parents lost their in their move to Sweden. I speak a language of Finland fluently and better than most Finns.

All this and it seems like people would prefer I would rather play with a mix team than my brothers in the east.

If we are going by residence then I guess I can not represent Sweden either because I have lived in Estonia (closer to Finland than Sweden) for a long period of time lately.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 am 
 E-mail  Profile

So let me get this right...
* Tournament is less than two months away
* 3 Finland Teams, 3 Australians, and 5 American teams

And we're giving Whitefolks shit about playing on a Finnish team? At this point does it matter? an 11 team tournament when we wanted what 15-18 teams?

3.5 Proper Language Unlike other tournaments this is fucking Baltimore cursing is completely acceptable and encouraged in the arena as long as it is in “good taste”, mother fuckers. Players should attempt to avoid cursing directly at another player, it will considered in violation of the rules to continually insult another player. Shouting curse words at one’s self or other teammates is also protected under this rule.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next