World Zone Elite

Zone FTW
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section of the forum is for only the sponsored Zone Elite events and news updates. Any other contect not related should be posted in the public forums.

Post subject: Re: Zone tournaments in michigan, ohio, indiana, illinois
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:36 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

LiLDuDe wrote:
Theres no arena map on the lost city site, at least not one that I could find

Found on their website... the picture is labeled arena map.

:wtf:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:48 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Played several games last night did some team games and some triples this was my first time playing nexus i was highly impressed, i would like to see an arena map layout from an arena or two that has had a tournament if someone could post. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:39 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Lost City used to be a Laser Storm arena. They swapped out to a 36 pack Nexus FEC system not too long ago.

The map actually looks intriguing (especially the upstairs), but I'm sure the site is a 2 base arena instead of 3 unfortunately because zone doesn't even tell prospective owners that you can play with three teams anymore, depsite the fact that they sell a system that does a million different colors....

I'd be curious to know what the bases look like.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:51 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Assassin wrote:
Lost City used to be a Laser Storm arena. They swapped out to a 36 pack Nexus FEC system not too long ago.

The map actually looks intriguing (especially the upstairs), but I'm sure the site is a 2 base arena instead of 3 unfortunately because zone doesn't even tell prospective owners that you can play with three teams anymore, depsite the fact that they sell a system that does a million different colors....

Oh yeah the map doesnt do it justice not only are the ramps cool but there are towers on each side and at the bottom of the ramps is where the bases are yes there are two bases they are shot into and are square i will get some pics and put them on here thats why i would like some good maps because we want to make our arena as zone friendly as we can and want to see what the top of the line arenas look like.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Mr Joshua wrote:
Assassin wrote:

Oh yeah the map doesnt do it justice not only are the ramps cool but there are towers on each side and at the bottom of the ramps is where the bases are yes there are two bases they are shot into and are square i will get some pics and put them on here thats why i would like some good maps because we want to make our arena as zone friendly as we can and want to see what the top of the line arenas look like.

Well.. all zone tournaments are played with 3 teams. Is there anyway in the arena that could serve as a third makeshift base?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:28 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

LiLDuDe wrote:
Mr Joshua wrote:
Assassin wrote:

Well.. all zone tournaments are played with 3 teams. Is there anyway in the arena that could serve as a third makeshift base?

Let me call Chris im sure we could even get another brand new base because like i said we want this arena as zone friendly as possible. May i ask what u mean when all zone tourneys are played with three teams? U mean three teams of three or is there more people?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:57 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Mr Joshua wrote:
LiLDuDe wrote:
Mr Joshua wrote:
Assassin wrote:

Let me call Chris im sure we could even get another brand new base because like i said we want this arena as zone friendly as possible. May i ask what u mean when all zone tourneys are played with three teams? U mean three teams of three or is there more people?

I agree the map is interesting indeed.. Has a very old feel to it with all ramps.

Option could be make the two bases neutral still have 3 teams, not ideal; but this isn't nats or invits.. Could be interesting.

Other question needed to be asked is what is the timing like, if it is just out of the box timing and not the firmware made by zone for worlds and everyone who hated the normal out of the box firmware people wont enjoy it to much. I use to know the zone name for the firmware but I forget it now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:17 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Mr Joshua wrote:
LiLDuDe wrote:
Mr Joshua wrote:
Assassin wrote:

There are more people per team, depending on the size of the arena, but there are three separate teams, with three separate bases, in each game. That is how zone tournies are played.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

LiLDuDe wrote:
Mr Joshua wrote:
LiLDuDe wrote:
Mr Joshua wrote:
Assassin wrote:

There are more people per team, depending on the size of the arena, but there are three separate teams, with three separate bases, in each game. That is how zone tournies are played.

Cool i will get some more info tonight hopefully but if not definitely tomorrow when chris gets in

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Assassin wrote:

The bases are the square versions with the circle in the middle.